My Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is gluten-free with just 7 Net Carbs and a whopping 5 grams dietary fiber per slice, thanks to Fiberfit!
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts, finely chopped (may use other nuts)
- 4 Tb. sugar-free vanilla shake mix
- 2 Tb. melted butter
- 2 Tb. vanilla flavor sugar-free syrup (french vanilla is even better)
- 6 Tb. butter
- 6 Tb. cocoa powder
- 6 Tb. vanilla flavor sugar-free syrup (french vanilla is even better)
- 6 Tb. Fiberfit
- 2 Tb. heavy whipping cream
- 32 oz. cream cheese (4) 8-oz. pkg.s
- 1/2 cup vanilla flavor sugar-free syrup (french vanilla is even better)
- 4 large eggs
- Place peanuts in food processor and pulse on and off until finely ground. (Dry-roasted or roasted nuts work equally well but DO NOT use salted nuts.) Remove 1-2 Tb. of ground nuts and set aside.
- Add shake mix to remaining nuts and blend well.
- Melt butter and add vanilla syrup. Drizzle over nut mixture, tossing until sticky.
- Press firmly in the bottom and slightly up sides of a large spring-form pan, and place pan in freezer (keep level).
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
TIP: This recipe completely fills a full-size (10″ across, minimum of 3″ deep) spring-form pan. Do not use anything smaller. If necessary, divide between smaller pans (but reduce cooking time).
PREPARE FUDGE LAYER
- Melt butter for fudge layer in a nonstick pan. Add cocoa powder, SF syrup, and Fiberfit. Cook and stir over medium heat until very smooth.
- After it simmers for a couple minutes, it will begin to separate and may even look oily. At that point, remove it from the heat, then stir in the heavy cream until once again smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust and tilt pan as needed to even out the layer.
- Return pan to freezer.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed until completely smooth.
- Add peanut butter. Scrape beaters and sides of pan as needed to remove ALL lumps before proceeding.
- Add eggs, one at a time, on slow power, then add syrup last.
- Pour batter slowly and evenly over chocolate in crust, and smooth top gently. Sprinkle reserved chopped nuts evenly over top.
- Place pan in preheated oven and immediately reduce heat to 350 F. Bake for 50 minutes, then cool to room temperature on a rack.
- Place in refrigerator and remove pan sides only when thoroughly cooled and ready to serve.
TIP: To minimize surface cracks and improve texture, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter as much and for as long as you want, but once you start adding the eggs, reduce speed and beat only as long as needed to mix well.
12 servings, each: 576 calories; 52.5g total fat (25g saturated); 12g carbohydrates (5g fiber; 0.8g sugar) 20g protein